With the ability to conquer urban environments and treacherous off-road terrain with equal composure, the 701 ENDURO reaches the next level of versatility. Bred from decades of enduro world championship-winning pedigree and mixed with over a century of motorcycle expertise, the 701 ENDURO combines high performance with typical Swedish functionality in a stylish and modern design.
- Frame: The lightweight trellis frame is made of high-grade chromium-molybdenum steel and developed to ensure precise handling and instills complete confidence in the rider. Detailed feedback is transmitted to the rider thanks to precisely calculated torsional rigidity and longitudinal flex.
- Polyamide Rear Subframe And Tank: The self-supporting rear subframe with integrated 3.4-gallon fuel tank is perfectly positioned for the best possible weight distribution. Produced in a thermoplastic rotational molding process, the single-piece construction weighs only 5.2 kg and is made of high-strength polyamide.
- Aluminium Swingarm: Maximum precision and an extremely low weight of only 3.9 kg are guaranteed by eliminating welding in the single-component construction of the aluminum gravity die-cast swingarm.
- WP Suspension (Front): WP Performance Systems has developed a closed cartridge 4CS fork specifically for the 701 ENDURO. The four chamber fork has advanced damping characteristics and is also lighter than a conventional upside-down fork. As with all 4CS forks by WP, the clicker settings can be easily and quickly adjusted via the dials on the top of the fork tubes.
- WP Suspension (Rear): The high performance rear shock absorber made by WP Performance Systems is completely adjustable for compression and rebound. Connected to a linkage system with off-road geometry and 275 mm of rear wheel travel, the system ensures unbeatable all-terrain capability.
- Engine: The single overhead camshaft, liquid cooled, single cylinder engine features the latest in design and electronic technology. An outstanding maximum power output of 74 hp at 8,000 rpm and torque of 52.4 ft-lb at 6,750 rpm leave the rider in no doubt of the performance packed inside this lightweight unit.
- Cylinder Head: The compact design of the single overhead camshaft, 4-valve cylinder head features 42 mm intake valves and 34 mm exhaust valves actuated by a robust rocker arm system which delivers precise valve timing at high engine speeds. Ignition is via a double spark plug layout, each of which has an individual ignition timing control for optimal fuel combustion in the large bore combustion chamber.
- Ride-By-Wire Throttle: The Keihin electronic fuel injection system features a 50 mm throttle body with no mechanical linkage to the throttle grip. As the rider twists the throttle open or closed, the throttle valve is electronically controlled by the engine management system (EMS). The EMS continuously compares engine parameters with data from sensors, and adjusts the throttle valve accordingly, resulting in perfect power delivery and throttle response.
- Gearbox: A lightweight 6 speed gearbox with smooth and precise shifting gives riders perfect control and confidence even in all conditions.
Perfect Control In Any Condition
- Wheels: Black DID rims made of high strength aluminum alloy and combined with silver nipples add an aggressive and modern look to the 701 Enduro. The off-road capabilities of the 701 Enduro are underlined by the size of the wheels: 21" at the front and 18" at the rear.
- Intake Resonator: Located on the throttle body, the intake resonator improves the intake charge movement of air and improves throttle response and ride-ability specifically at the initial throttle opening positions.
- Brakes: The latest ABS technology from Bosch features an advanced setting for off-road conditions and is combined with high performance brakes from Brembo: a two piston floating caliper and disc at the front as well as a single piston caliper and disc at the rear (both floating wave discs, 300 and 240 mm diameter respectively). The perfectly placed controls allow for optimal feel and balance under all conditions.
- Slipper Clutch: The APTC (Adler Power Torque Clutch) from Adler allows for greater speeds going into and coming out of corners by maximizing rear wheel grip under hard acceleration as well as preventing rear wheel instability and chatter when braking hard into turns. The rider thus enjoys maximum control and perfect down-shifting.
Premium Technology And Comfort
- Bodywork: Innovative bodywork featuring a long seat that reaches over the radiator shrouds and includes functional ribbing to improve grip in all conditions. Tightly wrapped around the engine and frame, the 701's bodywork is ergonomically designed to connect the rider's body to the bike, ensuring perfect harmony between man and machine while allowing for total control in all riding situations.
- CNC-Machined Triple Clamps: As on the other major components of the chassis, the anodized CNC-machined triple clamps have a precisely engineered flex designed to allow the fork tubes to flex under stress. This gives the rider more feeling under braking and on bumpy terrain.
- Magura Hydraulic Clutch: Light feel with perfect clutch modulation.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 692.7 cm³
- Bore: 105 mm
- Stroke: 80 mm
- Power in KW: 55 kW
- Starter: Electric starter
- Lubrication: Forced oil lubrication with 2 oil pumps
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Primary drive: 36:79
- Secondary gear ratio: 15:45
- Cooling: Liquid cooled
- Clutch: APTC(TM) slipper clutch, hydraulically actuated
- EMS: Keihin EMS with RBW, twin ignition
- Frame design: Chromium-Molybdenum steel trellis frame, powder coated
- Front suspension: WP USD Ø 48 mm 4CS closed cartridge
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with Pro-Lever linkage
- Front brake disc diameter: 300 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 240 mm
- ABS: Bosch 9ME combined ABS
- Steering head angle: 63 °
The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from the production models and some illustrations feature optional equipment available at additional cost. All information concerning the scope of supply, appearance, services, dimensions and weights is non-binding and specified with the proviso that mistakes, printing, setting and typing errors may occur; such information is subject to change without notice.